No longer a "pet free" home
Meet Lizzie

My older daughter is a real animal lover, (she wants her own farm one day). We've promised and promised that after we got in this house, she'd get cat. The promised day has finally arrived.
We named her Lizzie, which you will understand if you know Pride and Predjudice.
Lizzie, in the novel, has "fine eyes".
My crafting life has a quilt block to show.

This is my May block for the Saturday Sampler program at my LQS. I used to be all about quilting, then Knitting hit. I'm trying to get at least a little of my quilting mojo back, but it's not really working. I have SO many quilts that I want to make or finish while decorating the new house. I have even more fabric bins than yarn bins. But quilting never seems to call my name during my free time any more.
Maybe one of these days.
There is knitting to show, but I'll save that for another day.

My older daughter is a real animal lover, (she wants her own farm one day). We've promised and promised that after we got in this house, she'd get cat. The promised day has finally arrived.
We named her Lizzie, which you will understand if you know Pride and Predjudice.
Lizzie, in the novel, has "fine eyes".
My crafting life has a quilt block to show.

This is my May block for the Saturday Sampler program at my LQS. I used to be all about quilting, then Knitting hit. I'm trying to get at least a little of my quilting mojo back, but it's not really working. I have SO many quilts that I want to make or finish while decorating the new house. I have even more fabric bins than yarn bins. But quilting never seems to call my name during my free time any more.
Maybe one of these days.
There is knitting to show, but I'll save that for another day.


3 Comments:
At 4:12 PM,
Stephanie said…
Awww - you should introduce Lizze on KTC. Maybe you could make her a catnip mouse for the P&P project. :)
I like the colors in your quilt square.
At 7:29 PM,
Alyson said…
AWWWW!!!
Too absolutely precious....
Hide your yarn.
I just switched an in-progress shawl over to my Turbos...ZOOM!
At 5:49 PM,
Kat said…
Hey Wendi dear! Congratulations on the start of your "farm" : )
And I sure like those fabrics you used! hee hee
I am doing the opposite of you...not much knitting lately, but I bought a book of quilt patterns last week, and I'm awfully tempted to start a new hobby.
You are inspiring me. Love to you and the family!
Love Kat.
Post a Comment
<< Home