Thank Goodness for THIS!

A blog to use just for destashing! How cool.
I've gotta admit, when I realized how much stash I've got, I immediately started trying to decide how to unload some of my 'no longer favorites'. We used to own a web-based business, so hubby knows all about setting up sites, and shopping carts, etc. I thought we should start a 'yarn swap' site for people to list yarn they want to buy sell or trade (because listing on Ebay is just too expensive now if you have one or two balls left over from something.) Well, I found that someone beat me to my great idea, but they're charging WAY TOO MUCH as well. $6.50 per post! You might not even be asking that much for the skein of yarn! Lo and behold, the very next day, I saw the Destash blog on Margene's blog.
I've started taking pictures for destashing. I'll be posting lots of things on the cool new blog as I get the time. I've also set up a flickr account just for the yarns I'm selling. You can see that page here .
I've got lots of 'soaker' yarns from when I used to knit cloth diaper covers (called soakers) for sale. Those were the first that I photographed, but there will be a lot more variety of yarn than that.
On my blog, I'll be showing pictures of the "Keepers" that will remain in my stash. This will be a good exercise in organization for me!


2 Comments:
At 7:58 PM,
Marina said…
Somewhere else to post stash for sale is, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/knitswap/
Of course I looked at your album ... the Little Turtle knits yarns are lovely. That's one I haven't tried yet :-(
At 5:17 PM,
Laura said…
?? can't find the destash blog link....
my fave is to SWAP stash....
:L
Post a Comment
<< Home