CreateWithMe

A knitting blog that will invariably have stray pieces of my life woven in as well.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Arrgh! NO photos again!

I didn't realize that my webhosting had expired,so I have to wait for my payment to process before I can upload my pics...and just when I had something exciting to share!
I've FINISHED MY JAYWALKERS!!! And I actually love them. This is probably just because it's the first pair of handknit socks that I've kept for myself. The ribbing could be tighter, and the yarn is only so-so, but I still love them!

My other update is that I've decided to do the knitting olympics! I needed to make sure we wouldn't be moving during the 2 wolumpics before I committed, but since we're now sure that the move won't happen that quickly, I'm all signed up. I'm going to be knitting the Klaralund that I bought yarn for during my beach trip.

Wanna hear my sob story while I have no pics?
We've been remodeling a house for over 2 years now. It's one that we purchased from my stepfather. A 1950's ranch. As we could see the end drawing near, we put our house on the market. We got an offer on it on the first of December, but the house needed to close by Dec 30th. (My baby was due on Dec 27!) We did a move, had a baby, and had Christmas all within a 2 week time frame. And since our new house wasn't finished yet, we had to move into an extended stay hotel while we wait for completion. So, here we sit, waiting for the house to be done enough to move into. We've passed our first 2 inspections, but there have been so many delays over and over. We thought we'd be in by the first of Feb. Now we're hoping for the first of March!
I'll post before and after pics of the house when I can access pictures again. It's pretty exciting!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home