Show and Tell
Here's what I've been up to craft-wise for the past few days:

My local quilt shop has a neat program called
"Saturdy Sampler", that I like to participate in. At the beginning of the year, you pay $5,and you get the pattern, and the main fabrics for a quilt block. If you sew the block and bring it back in during the meeting the next month, you get the materials and instructions for the next block for free. This continues throughout the year, and at the end of the year, you've got enough blocks for a quilt top.
This is my January block. Each of the blocks this year will be set in the log cabin background, which will give us lots of setting options.
And my big knitting news is MY FIRST COMPLETED JAYWALKER SOCK!

This poor sock was ripped back way more than once, and I'm so glad it's done. I immediately cast on for sock two, or I'm afraid I never would have fallen prey to second sock syndrome. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't made so many mistakes. The second one is already going faster than the first. I really do like the pattern, and want to try it in a different yarn, but this first sock was really just a pain to do.
It's times like this that it's really nice to be in a knit-a-long. I would probably have chucked this project if it wasn't for the accountability of signing up for Cara's knitalong. I'm glad that I had an extra incentive to keep going.

My local quilt shop has a neat program called
"Saturdy Sampler", that I like to participate in. At the beginning of the year, you pay $5,and you get the pattern, and the main fabrics for a quilt block. If you sew the block and bring it back in during the meeting the next month, you get the materials and instructions for the next block for free. This continues throughout the year, and at the end of the year, you've got enough blocks for a quilt top.
This is my January block. Each of the blocks this year will be set in the log cabin background, which will give us lots of setting options.
And my big knitting news is MY FIRST COMPLETED JAYWALKER SOCK!

This poor sock was ripped back way more than once, and I'm so glad it's done. I immediately cast on for sock two, or I'm afraid I never would have fallen prey to second sock syndrome. I think I would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't made so many mistakes. The second one is already going faster than the first. I really do like the pattern, and want to try it in a different yarn, but this first sock was really just a pain to do.
It's times like this that it's really nice to be in a knit-a-long. I would probably have chucked this project if it wasn't for the accountability of signing up for Cara's knitalong. I'm glad that I had an extra incentive to keep going.


2 Comments:
At 8:27 PM,
Danielle said…
Hi Wendy!
Great looking jaywalker!
For some reason the email addy didn't work, so I hope you don't mind that I leave the links here.
http://www.nonokittyknits.com/blog/?p=68 That's the link to the post with the source in it.
http://nonokittyknits.com/dyeinglinks.html this is a page of a bunch of dyeing resources in it. If you have any other questions, just let me know. :)
-Danielle
At 8:34 PM,
Danielle said…
oh shoot! I'm so sorry I misspelled your name Wendi.
Post a Comment
<< Home