Finally, photos!
No offense meant to any photoless folks out there, but I think blogs without pictures are boring. I've finally got the kinks worked out, and now have a photo-inclusive blog once again.
We had a nice time at the beach. (Would have been better if hubby wasn't working the whole time.)
Here's what I cast on while I was there:

This is Rowan's "Bless" cardigan. I'm having issues with this one. I've got 'rowing' happening on the back of the fabric. (If you don't know what that is, my knitting is clumping together 2 rows at a time because my knit and purl tensions aren't the same.) I used to have this with all of my knitting, but finally resolved it. It's been resurrected with knitting on size 11 needles. These things feel HUGE. I considered ripping it all out, but it's not that severe, so I think I'll keep on. As my quilting teacher used to say "Done is better than perfect", and I want a finished sweater more than I want perfect PIECES of a sweater.
Next up:

The beginning of my Jaywalkers. This shot is in honor of 2 of my favorite bloggers:
Claudia , with her artsy sock in the sky shot, and Sandy , who is always reminding us to look at our sky (and the sky at the beach was lovely).
I have to admit that I wasn't enamored with this sock in the beginning. Somehow, I kept screwing up and had to rip several times. I was determined to persevere, and by the time of this pic, I was beginning to feel the addiction of the pattern. It keeps enticing you to just knit 2 more rows.
I would have liked it better in a striping yarn, so I'll have to try that next, but I like the colors in this yarn, so I'll keep going. (Can you tell I'm not much of one for ripping out my work???)
We had a nice time at the beach. (Would have been better if hubby wasn't working the whole time.)
Here's what I cast on while I was there:

This is Rowan's "Bless" cardigan. I'm having issues with this one. I've got 'rowing' happening on the back of the fabric. (If you don't know what that is, my knitting is clumping together 2 rows at a time because my knit and purl tensions aren't the same.) I used to have this with all of my knitting, but finally resolved it. It's been resurrected with knitting on size 11 needles. These things feel HUGE. I considered ripping it all out, but it's not that severe, so I think I'll keep on. As my quilting teacher used to say "Done is better than perfect", and I want a finished sweater more than I want perfect PIECES of a sweater.
Next up:

The beginning of my Jaywalkers. This shot is in honor of 2 of my favorite bloggers:
Claudia , with her artsy sock in the sky shot, and Sandy , who is always reminding us to look at our sky (and the sky at the beach was lovely).
I have to admit that I wasn't enamored with this sock in the beginning. Somehow, I kept screwing up and had to rip several times. I was determined to persevere, and by the time of this pic, I was beginning to feel the addiction of the pattern. It keeps enticing you to just knit 2 more rows.
I would have liked it better in a striping yarn, so I'll have to try that next, but I like the colors in this yarn, so I'll keep going. (Can you tell I'm not much of one for ripping out my work???)


1 Comments:
At 11:13 PM,
Hugo K said…
I love how dedicated you are to finishing your projects.
Post a Comment
<< Home