CreateWithMe

A knitting blog that will invariably have stray pieces of my life woven in as well.

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Why, oh Why am I so computer illiterate????

Granted, I've had to be drug by my hubby into every new thing that I've done with my computer. It took him years to get me to use email, and the internet. Of course, now I'm firmly addicted, but I hate the learning process that I comes along with figuring out how to do new things with the computer. Usually I don't bother to learn them, I just let hubby do the work for me until I decide at some point that I want to get something done, and I CAN'T WAIT! Then I call hubby at work, and beg him to walk me through whatever I'm trying to do over the phone. At that point, I can do it myself in the future, and I wonder why I delayed so long in just figuring out how to do it myself.
Well, now I'm in a pickle. I've got tons of stuff that I want to share on my blog. For the first time in history, I'm doing something new on the computer before hubby has done it (he doesn't have a blog) so, he can't walk me through it over the phone. (He did spend about an hour last week showing me how to upload pics, Bless his patient soul.)Now, I want to add links (buttons) to my sidebar that show which fun things I'm participating in (like Secret pals 4)but I can't figure out how to do it! (screaming now). I actually figured out by myself how to save the images to my own server so that I'm not stealing bandwidth (can you see me puffing up with pride?). But after that, I'm lost. I've neglected my house for an hour and a half now trying to figure this out, but to no avail. I won't see much of hubby for the next 2 days, so I guess my fun links will have to wait.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I don't think you're alone. I set up a blog for SP4 too and am having all sorts of trouble. Do you think anyone can point us in the direction of a how-to site? Even the blogger how to's seem to go over my head.

    I am in exactly the same position as you are with my husband - for once I'm getting across the new technology. Prob my seven year old can do it but 4m it's a struggle.

    good luck:-)



    Ails

     

Post a Comment

<< Home